CEO, Hotel General Manager or Owner
The hospitality sector is one of the fastest growing markets in the world, and it requires the ability to juggle a diverse handful of tasks and issues at the same time. Maintaining organizational balance, and keeping the 24/7 operations running smoothly, is a complex challenge.
Hotel occupancy rates in 2017 reached 65.9%, with 1.23 billion room nights sold at an average rate of $126.72 per night.
With the rapid introduction of hospitality alternatives and constantly changing customer expectations, top hotel managers must have the skills and partnerships needed to manage their team in ways that delight customers; just meeting expectations is no longer enough. The challenge is made even tougher by the increasing pressure on margins.
In January 2017, Gourmet Marketing identified the top hotel management challenges to include:
- Tracking the constantly changing expectations of customers
- Continuous technology changes and industry innovation
- Regulatory and IT security challenges
- Finding and retaining skilled talent
- Room and event booking and revenue challenges
- Brand management
At the recent American Lodging Investment Summit, the attending executives identified the following points as critical to the future prosperity of hotel operations:
- Staying current with technology and IT security
- Building customer loyalty
- Accommodating multigenerational travelers
- Avoiding commoditization
Hospitality Payments is acutely aware of how important it is for hotel properties to build value-based relationships with key vendors. In response to this need, we have focused on creating card payment processing values that meet the growing demands placed on hotel managers, that minimize time distractions, and become the trusted adviser you need to help your hotel operations stay current, with:
- Changing payment regulations.
- Innovative payment technologies to capture revenue for rooms, food & beverage, events.
- Payment and data security that reduces risks for both the hotel and its customers.
- Competitive processing costs, rapid deposits, and transparent billing statements accessible 24/7.
- How to avoid margin erosion.
- Hospitality Payments value-based relationship.